Saturday, December 1, 2007

Thanksgiving Family Vacation in Illinois!

Here are some pictures from our vacation to see family during Thanksgiving week! We drove to Illinois with my parents in their new mini-van. It was a wonderful time! Every time I come back 'home' I find myself so refreshed. It was a very relaxing and fun time visiting with my grandma and many other relatives. So hope you enjoy!


Here is a picture of my Mama's house. Christian, Vivian and I decorated her house for Christmas. Every time I go there I can't help but think of Psalm 23:2, 3 "He makes me lie down in green pastures.He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul." It was such a refreshing time!


Above is a picture of us with Mama! What a godly woman!

My Aunt Cindy and Cousin Ashleigh (Above)
Janice, Aunt Janet and my dad's sister from Sitka, Alaska, Aunt Julia

Uncle Dee and Diane and Rick

Here we are with our cousin Sharon, and Aunt Opal (Mama's sister)

Here is where we spend a lot of time, especially Christian and I. This is what we have now unofficially called "Lake Happy" which is behind my grandma's home.


It was too cold to fish, but we spent many hours down here skipping rocks, shooting Christian's slingshot and just hanging out. You can see below that Christian caught a "baby frog" he wanted to keep it, but instead he wisely decided to let it go.


I am a blessed man!

And last but not least...an 11x14 picture of my big head hanging in my grandma's home. Vivian couldn't resist, she wanted to take a picture to post it on her blog...but I beat her to it! Check out that jean vest!


1 comment:

Janet said...

Thanks for sharing your thanksgiving trip to Illinois with us! Those are some really great family photos. It sounds like you had a wonderful time.